What is KCARC?
We are the Kent County Amateur Radio Club - a group of amateur radio enthusiasts located in Kent County Delaware. We get together to do fun and useful things with the hobby of amateur radio. For example:
- We talk to people all over the world using
- Voice - such as AM, FM and SSB.
- Digital modes - including some fun new methods that anyone can do with just a radio and a computer.
- Morse code - its been around for a long time, because it works so well, and because it's fun!
- We support our community by providing communications for
- We also make friends, socialize, and share stories about ham radio and otherwise
Our club call sign is KC3ARC (formerly W3HZW).
- General membership meeting is held the second Tuesday of each month at 7pm.
- ARES (emergency communication) meeting is held the last Monday of each month at 7pm.
Meetings are held at the Kent County Emergency Operations Center (EOC), located at 911 Public Safety Blvd, Dover DE, 19901
Everyone is welcome at all meetings. If you're interested in learning about amateur radio or emergency communications, please stop in and meet us!
KCARC sponsors and maintains two repeaters:
- 146.970 77Hz PL - located on the 160-foot tower behind the sign shop near the Dover DMV complex
- 146.910 77Hz PL - located atop the 120-foot Polytech High School water tower in Woodside, DE
The KCARC ARES/RACES group runs a weekly net on Saturdays at 9am, on the 146.970 repeater. Everyone is welcome.
How to Join
Joining the KCARC is easy! Simply show up to any club meeting, fill out the membership form, and pay your $20 annual dues. Your dues help support the club's maintenance of our two repeaters, and other club functions.
Keep up to Date
Want to receive emailed information concerning KCARC events? Sign up for our "friends" email list!